5 New Products I Want
5 Things, Shopping - Comments (1) - February 2nd, 2013
It’s late winter/early spring, which means New Product Launches for a lot of my favorite brands, especially skin care launches. Also, Valentines. I love Valentines stuff, even though I’m not really all that big into the holiday itself. I just like fun products. Here are five things I really wish I had the budget to buy!
1. Boscia Tsubaki Beauty Oil. I loooooove facial oils. I like to use a drop or two either by itself or under moisturizer at night. They make my skin happy. This facial oil contains camellia oil and rice bran oil (both of which my face likes a lot), as well as some really nice essential oils. I wannit!
2. Many items from Flower Cosmetics, which has launched at Wal-Mart stores and online. I love the packaging for this product line, AND the price points! I really need to get on over to a Wal-Mart to check it out.
3. This Red Ruby Groovy Natural Body Wash from gud smells THE BEST. Strong grapefruit scents are basically instant cheerful in a bottle, for me. I just need to use up a bottle or two of body wash, and then I can justify buying this.
4. Grapefruit must be a thing for 2013 because Yes To has launched a Pink Grapefruit product line targeting skin brightness and clarity. I want the eye cream and the serum and the towelettes. I already love the Blueberry and Cucumber towelettes, so I’m guessing I’ll love the Pink Grapefruit ones too.
5. Lush’s Valentines stuff sounds lovely, and DAMN THEM! These perfumes… oh God. I don’t love all of Lush’s perfumes, but the ones I like I LOOOOOVE. They’re seriously killing me here.
5 Things: Drugstore Stuff I Want To Try
5 Things, Cheap Thrills, Makeup Fun, Shopping - Be the first to comment! - December 28th, 2012
Since I’m on a budget, I’ve been more and more interested in checking out drugstore makeup brands. Most of these brands are owned by or are the parent company of department store brands, so a lot of the “fancy” formulas find their way into mass market products. Here are five new mass market products that I want to check out, in no particular order.
1. Physician’s Formula Super BB All-in-1 Beauty Balm Powder. I KNOW, I KNOW, the Western co-opting of the whole BB phenomenom is annoying at best, and offensive at worst. Let’s just set that aside for now, and ignore the purported “BB” aspect of this product, and focus on the fact that it looks like a pretty awesome face powder. It seems like a pretty nice formula for a face powder (just looking at the ingredient list) and I really want to try it out.
2. L’Oreal Shine Caresse Lipstains. L’Oreal doesn’t seem to have these on their website yet, despite the fact that I’ve seen them on displays at Fred Meyer. Annoying. Anyway, they are purported to be a mass market dupe for YSL Glossy Stains (L’Oreal owns YSL.) L’Oreal makes my current favorite longwearing lipgloss (Infallible Gloss), so I really want to try these glossy lipstains.
3. Cover Girl Lip Perfection Jumbo Gloss Balm. These just look cool. It seems like everyone is hopping on the “gloss balm stick thing” bandwagon, but I like the way these look the best.
4. Flower Cosmetics. I got January’s Allure magazine and Drew Barrymore’s makeup line Flower was featured. It’s going to be a Wal-Mart exclusive, and I am DYING to check it out.
5. The Total Intensity eye products from Prestige. I need to visit an Ulta soon and check these out!
Alice In Wonderland EOS Lip Balm Trio
Earth Friendly, Hot Lips, Shopping - Comments (4) - October 16th, 2012
I love eos (Evolution of Smooth) lip balms. I love the pod-shaped containers, I love the rounded shape of the balm itself, and I love the formula. I spotted this adorable Alice In Wonderland inspired trio online recently, so I had to snag it when I was in Target the other day. So cute!!
The set has three flavors, Blueberry Potion, Sweet Vanilla Nonsense, and Watermelon Wonderland. They are all three quite yummy. I’m especially pleased about the vanilla one, since it seems to be the same flavor as the vanilla bean stick balm, but in the pod shape I like better! YAY!!
All the eos lip balms are certified organic, and contain nice things for your lips like shea butter, vitamin e, and jojoba oil.
The packaging is really cute, with its tiny printed Alices, and a tea party scene inside. Also? The usual dimple on the side of the sphere has two extra indents to make the shape of mouse ears! SO CUTE. I’ll admit it, I’m a sucker for the whole Mickey Mouse thing.
Anyway, the set was $7.99 at Target. It’s not available online yet, but will be in November. Two thumbs up!
This Is Halloween.
Makeup Fun, Shopping - Be the first to comment! - October 7th, 2012
To update my Halloween collections post from last month, here are a few more shopping ideas for you!
Meow Cosmetics is in full swing with their Halloween offerings, including a new collection called Asylum.
Black Rose Minerals has two new collections. A Collection of the Perverse is inspired by Edgar Allen Poe, and features some really lovely jewel tones (my favorite!). Not Another Zombie Collection has some pretty bright colors. Luciferi is from last year, and has some of my favorite dark/blackened colors!
Shiro Cosmetics has done a Halloween collection this year based on A Nightmare Before Christmas, one of my favorite movies of all time. It has four eyeshadows and a deliciously bright red lip gloss. IT WILL BE MINE.
P.S. I ordered Detrivore’s Halloween collection, and it is wonderfully wonderful. I highly recommend it.
Let’s Talk Halloween
Shopping - Comments (1) - September 7th, 2012
Okey dokey, enough of my favorite companies have put Halloween-y stuff online that I can devote an entire blog post to all the awesome spooky Autumnal goodness! *cue the Tim Burton music*
Detrivore Cosmetics brings you a STUNNING Halloween collection. Every single one of these colors floats my boat! Some are matte, some are satin, and some are sparkly! You can buy the whole set at a discount, or purchase them individually. Detrivore also released some Special FX blushes, if you are wanting something unusual for a costume or just because you rock the alt colors every day! Check them out!
One Hand Washes The Other has there Halloween collection up – check out my review of most of the scents here!
Darling Clandestine has released a limited edition Halloween collection of four scents. Wither and Falter interest me the most.
Black Rose Minerals will have a Halloween collection (two of them, actually) although they aren’t online yet. Rosa has put some sneak peek photos on the BRM Facebook page and they look fabulous.
Meow Cosmetics hasn’t put their Halloween shop up yet either, but I really, really, really like everything they do for Halloween (And then Christmas! Fall/Winter is my favorite time at Meow).
Other companies have stuff planned, but nothing live yet. I’ll update when I know more!
butter LONDON Autumn/Winter 2012
Nails, Shopping - Comments (4) - August 13th, 2012
I really like butter LONDON’s nail polish. They recently released their Autumn/Winter colors, and they all look sooo pretty! Check them out!
Dodgy Barnett is a holographic lacquer in between grey and silver. This one is definitely piquing my interest!
Gobsmacked is a charcoal grey glitter nail lacquer with a slightly textured finish. It has silver glitter. It looks like a sparkling night sky, and I wannit! I don’t usually dig glitters so much, but this one looks beautimous.
Lovely Jubbly is magenta nail lacquer flecked with red, blue and gold micro-particles. It looks pretty, but a little busy for my taste.
Shag is a metallic burgundy wine color. I always love the deep burgundy colors!
Trustafarian is a sage green color with a golden holographic finish. I like the green!
Lacquered Lover has some nice swatch photos of the collection here. There are good swatch pics here as well!
Which of these do you think are must-have colors?
5 Things I Want Now!
5 Things, Shopping - Comments (3) - June 18th, 2012
It’s been a while since my last THINGS I WANT post, so I decided it was time for another. In no particular order, here are 5 things I have been lusting after recently.
1. Shiro Cosmetics has new eyeshadows and new lip colors. Look at Badger! Look at it! EET’S SO PRETTY! There are eight new Intertubes, and they all look so fabulous. I CAN’T DECIDE.
2. Detrivore Cosmetics has new lip gloss! Again with the can’t decide. They’re all really pretty colors!
3. The Body Shop has body mists in scents to match their body butters. This is totally genius, and I want to go smell them. Also, I saw these Beautifying Oils in the store last time I was there. They are really nice. I am kind of overstocked on body oil right now, but if they’re still around when I need more (or at least, have put something of a dent in my stash) I will try them!
4. I want more Darling Clandestine. Specifically, I feel like I need to try Cloudswing, Circassian, and Vardogr.
5. Every time I turn around, I’m lusting for more One Hand Washes The Other solid scents. I’ve added Eva, Queen Bea, and Violette to my list. Also, after falling completely in love with the wonderment that is Black Magic Scrub, I must try the cream soap at some point. Preferably, soon.
5 Things: Makeup Palettes
Eyeshadow, Makeup Fun, Shopping - Comments (1) - February 1st, 2012
I love palettes. Since I’ve gotten so much into loose powder eyeshadows and blushes, I don’t use them as much as I used to, but I still really love them. Put it in a palette, and I’m especially going to be a sucker for it. This 5 Things is a list of the three palettes I HAVE, that I really love, and two that I WANT.
1. Urban Decay Ammo Palette is one of my favorites. It has ten eyeshadow colors, which are in my opinion some of the best UD makes. You can do both bright and more neutral looks with this palette, so it’s quite versatile.
2. Cargo PlantLove Green Goddess Kit is my go-to palette when I want an all-in-one thing for travel, especially if the reason for the travel is something that requires more neutral colors (like work). I really love the soft, almost creamy quality of the colors in this set. This palette has four eyeshadows and two blushes.
3. The Cargo PlantLove Green Glamour Kit contains 18 eyeshadows, a mix of pearly colors and mattes. The colors are all very wearable and flattering. This palette is the one to grab when you’re not sure what you’re going to want to wear so you better bring ALL THE COLORS!
4. The Cowboy Junkie set from Urban Decay falls under the “don’t really NEED it but really WANT it” category. It has four eyeshadows, an eyeliner, and a lipgloss and at $24 is currently A STEAL. I may give in and order it…
5. This Sephora palette of neutral colors is SO PRETTY. ME WANT.