5 Things, Perfume - April 16th, 2011
It is slowly, slowly creeping towards something resembling spring here in Oregon. Sort of. There’s been more rain than I’d like, so my perfume preferences are leaning heavily towards bright, fresh, and citrus, to keep me feeling cheerful. Some of my favorite perfumes are by Kenzo, and many of them have the citrus notes that cheer me up. So, here are 5 Kenzo perfumes for Spring.
1. FlowerByKenzo La Cologne is a potent blend of bergamot, petitgrain, and orange blossom layered on top of the powdery floral that is FlowerbyKenzo. I love it. The citrus takes the powder WAAAY down to tolerable levels.
2. L’Eau de KenzoAmour and KenzoAmour Florale layer the orange blossoms on top of the rice steam and powder that is KenzoAmour. The original can be heavy in warmer weather, while the flankers are perfect.
3. Eau de Fleur de Magnolia is like magnolia flower and grapefruit. It’s cheer in a bottle.
4. Kenzo Power is a men’s fragrance that I love to wear. It has an irresistible cardamom note, with bergamot, and some florals. It’s fresh, and interesting.
5. 7:15 AM In Bali is a travel retail exclusive (read: only to be found in duty free) that combines grapefruit and vanilla in a very cheerful way. I wish it was easier to find!
Daffodil image from InAweofGod’sCreation on flicker, some rights reserved.