5 Things, Hair Care - October 12th, 2013
I have a small stack of haircare products I need to write about, but I don’t really want to review them each separately. Instead, it’s time for a fresh 5 Things post, haircare edition! So you know what I’m dealing with, the roots get bleached every eight weeks, and the blue is applied every four weeks. Chemically processing my hair every four weeks = dry hair. However, I love the blue (and so does practically everyone else I meet) so keeping the damage under control is my main goal when selecting hair care.
1. Giovanni Ultra-Moist Deep Deep Hair Mask. That’s right, it’s not just Deep, it’s DEEP DEEP! I’ve been using this hair mask twice a week in place of conditioner, and it seems to really help my chemically-processed and really dry hair. I also think it’s been helping to keep my color fading, since the blue seems to fade less quickly since I’ve been using it.
2. Andalou Naturals Brilliant Shine Shampoo. It contains citrus oils and sunflower oil, and is supposed to help with shine. The scent is amazing (tangerine! orange!) and it also was friendly to my color-treated hair.
3. Andalou Naturals Moisture Rich Shampoo. After I finished the Brilliant Shine, I decided to try the Moisture Rich shampoo, since my hair is pretty dry. It has a nice orange and vanilla scent, and my hair quite likes it as well. Which brings me to…
4. Andalou Naturals Brilliant Shine Conditioner. I’ve found that this conditioner (replete with sunflower oil and citrus, just like the shampoo) in combination with the Moisture Rich Shampoo makes my hair quite happy.
5. Aveda Color Conserve Shampoo & Conditioner gets an honorable mention. I was using this these two products when I started coloring my hair blue, and they don’t suck. In fact, they’re pretty decent. I switched to the Andalou products because I was feeling cheap, and it’s my opinion that the Andalou products actually do a better job at reducing fading.