EOTD: Burnt Turkey Meow
Eyeshadow - Comments (3) - November 23rd, 2012
This was Thanksgiving’s eye makeup, and naturally I HAD to use one of my favorite Meow Cosmetics’ colors – Burnt Turkey. It’s from the 12 Pains of Xmas collection, and I like it enough I bought a full-size two years ago. Let me take a moment to say that the holiday time is MY FAVORITE TIME OF YEAR FOR MEOW COLORS. (My second favorite is Halloween.) I LOVE LOVE LOVE Meow’s holiday collections, and am powerless to resist ordering more each year.
The lid color is Joy, from the Holiday Wishes collection. Joy is a golden color with some red sparks going on. It’s another one of my Meow full sizes. Burnt Turkey is a metallic charcoal with umber and gold iridescent undertone, which I used in the crease. It’s soooo pretty, one of my favorite dark brown type colors. I used Faye, from Black Rose Minerals to highlight. The eyeliner is Benefit’s Bad Gal Kohl Pencil.
I used Detrivore Cosmetics’ Thing blush. Thing is a shimmery peach blush, very very flattering. Today (November 23rd) only, Detrivore is offering 50% off, so GO GO GO!
The lipstick is Awake Cosmetics’ Autumn Red.
EOTD: Tank Runes
Eyeshadow - Comments (3) - October 14th, 2012
Today’s eyeshadow features a color from Black Rose Minerals’ Luciferi collection. All the Luciferi colors are pretty blackened shades, and this green one is a particular favorite. I also used a Madd Style Cosmetics color and some more Meow Cosmetics.
The lid color is Tank Girl, from Madd Style Cosmetics. It’s an army green with hot pink and kelly green glitter. The crease color is Runes, from Black Rose Minerals. Runes is a forest green with a black base. I also used Runes with a damp brush to line the upper and lower lashlines. The highlight color is Skelecat, from Meow Cosmetics. I used the BADgal kohl pencil from Benefit to deepen up the eyeliner as well.
I used Detivore Cosmetics’ Criminal blush. The shimmery beige color is rapidly becoming my favorite blush ever. The lipstick is L’Oreal Colour Riche in Chocolate Spice.
EOTD: Grey Skies
Eyeshadow, Hot Lips - Comments (7) - March 1st, 2012
The weather has been a little crazy, with actual snow hitting the ground last night (although it didn’t last past mid-morning). So this eye makeup is dedicated to grey skies and late winter cold dreariness. I used some more Brazen colors, and went with a nice bright lip color to offset all the grey.
The color on the lid is Iced, from Brazen Cosmetics. Iced is a sparkly light grey color, and I love how opaque it is. It’s really a great color! The crease color is Label Whore from Too Faced, a dark grey-brown with a strong green-blue iridescence. I just LOVE this color and always forget I have it (although I have several that are quite similar). I used Ice Princess, a limited edition color from Pumpkin & Poppy to highlight. I really wish I’d written about this color sooner, just so you readers still had a chance to buy it! edited to add: It’s a permanent color now! Go get it! It’s so pretty, a creamy white with gold, orange and red duochrome with silver sparkle. It’s a really pretty highlight color. As long as I was digging out sadly neglected products, I chose my BADgal kohl liner pencil from Benefit to use on the upper and lower lashline. BADgal isn’t as dark and rich on the waterline as kohl powder, but it’s easier to use and almost as good.
I decided to use Millenium eyeshadow (also from Brazen) on my cheeks, for something more subtle than blush. Millenium is a beautiful pink champagne color that gives a nice sheen on the cheeks. It worked nicely since I was planning on doing a bold lip color and I didn’t want it to be too much with the dark eye makeup.
The lip gloss is Brazen’s Paint The Town, from their collection of glosses inspired by cocktails. Isn’t it HAWT?!? It’s a hot raspberry pink with purple sparkles and color shifting glitter. It tastes like a red headed slut, yum! (LOL.)
What are your favorite colors to wear on a nasty, wintry day?
5 Things Tired & Cranky Edition
5 Things, Shopping - Be the first to comment! - June 25th, 2009
It’s been a rather long day and I am feeling quite tired, lazy, and cranky. So today’s blog post is a list of 5 things that would definitely cheer me up if they landed in my hot little hands. As always, in no particular order…
1. These NYX eyeshadow palettes look GORGEOUS. I particularly want I Dream of St. Thomas or I Dream of St. Lucia! Plus, can’t beat the price!! I feel an order coming on…
2. I’m kind of feelin’ my place or yours Gina eau de toilette from Benefit. Once the attack of pink pepper wears off, it mellows out into a delish raspberry-patchouli vibe.
3. This Fresh Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15 looks FABULOUS!! Me want!
4. Don’t these Mini Mark It Stick for eyes and lips from mark. look adorable? I want green opal and violet opal for eyes, and peachy pearl and plummy pearl for lips.
5. I REALLY want to try this evolution of smooth lip balm. Badly. Soon. It’s something about the packaging, the spherical shape, the pretty pastel colors… I’m a sucker.
Wicked Kitten? Otter Cupcake?
Eyeshadow, Makeup Fun - Comments (1) - April 13th, 2009
LOL sounds like a halloween party! But no, it’s just Claire playing with some more Fyrinnae eyeshadows. I am SERIOUSLY in love. If you like vibrant colors, you MUST check out Fyrinnae (and I don’t work for them, promise!). I’ve used a lot of eyeshadow and I am consistently impressed with the impact of their eyeshadow colors. They blend pretty well too, and they wear all day long. They have a nice selection of more neutral and pastel colors too if the bright shades aren’t your bag. The samples are VERY generous and come in jars, which is another factor making me LOVE the products. I’m just not a fan of the baggie and I’m willing to pay more for a jar.
On my last day off, I paired Sea Otter (medium green with soft blue highlights) with Cupcake Sprinkles (satiny lavender with a subtle aqua shimmer), and used Urban Decay Liquid Liner in Crash (purple with silver sparkle), and Nijiro under the browbone. I brushed TBS Roseflower Blush in Pink on my cheeks and I’m wearing Hard Candy’s Piglet Lip Gloss. Sea Otter is more vibrant than MAC Aquavert, which is more pastel. I just adore Cupcake Sprinkles, it is the BEST purple ever.
Today I used Kitten In Heels (bright fuschia with violet and blue shimmer) and Wicked (deep, dark purple with turquoise shimmer), with a little Twinkle Twinkle Little Bat (somewhat pink, somewhat lavender, and very sparkly). I put the Kitten on the inner half of the lid, with Twinkle on the outer half and blended. I put Wicked in the crease and blended some more, with the result being the whole eye looks quite purple. On the browbone and blended around the eye I used Techno from my Hard Candy palette, a white with purple sheen. I lined with Benefit Bad Gal on the lower lashline and UD Crash (again) on the upper. On the cheeks went Samba from J. Lynne, and a mark. juice gems on my lips. It came out more dramatic than the pictures really show. I love these colors!
I’ve got a bunch more colors on my wishlist, including Arctic Fox, Dryad, Red Panda, and Lip Lustres in Bounce and Fanservice. I need to review Whee, Visual Kei, and Melty – I used Melty the other day with Love Potion but didn’t have time to get it photographed. There are also a bunch of Aromaleigh colors I want… This loose eyeshadow habit could really become a problem!
I look totally crankypants in this picture… I’m really quite cheerful, honest! LOL.
Top 6 Mascaras I Love Right Now
Best Of, Mascara - Be the first to comment! - March 13th, 2009
Since I’ve been on something of a mascara kick lately, I thought it would be fun to do a Claire’s Favorites list for mascara. In no particular order, here are my personal picks.
Best Drugstore Mascara: Organic Wear Mascara currently holds the title. I’ve gone from liking it to really loving it!
Best Volumizing Mascara: Bourjois Yes to Volume rocks the volume.
Best Mascara for Short Lashes: Maybelline Lash Discovery, and I love the tiny brush.
Best Colored Mascara: BADGal blue & plum are my two favorite colored mascaras.
Best Mascara for Dramatic Lashes: Maybelline Lash Stiletto is perfect for long, luscious lashes for special occasions.
Best Waterproof Mascara: Maybelline Full ‘N Soft Waterproof has never smeared or run down my face, despite rain and crying jags.
So that’s my list. What are your favorites mascaras?
Tag! What I’m Using (Today)
About Claire, Random Stuff - Be the first to comment! - March 2nd, 2009
I have a pile of stuff to write about (MAC Hello Kitty, Maybelline Lash Stylist, Cargo PlantLove, Bare Escentuals stuff…) but we did inventory at work today and I’m beat. So I’m taking another break (yesterday’s post was pretty lazy too!) and following the lead of Oh…pretty!, which is a blog I like to read. Because I use and have SO MUCH product, this is going to be what I used today. I tag everyone who reads and wants to do this, like Oh…Pretty! did. If you put a link to your list in the comments, I’ll read yours too!
* Shampoo: Aveda Shampure
* Conditioner: Nature’s Gate Pomegranate Sunflower Hair Defense Conditioner
* Styling products: Living Proof No Frizz for Thick Hair, TRESemme hairspray
* Shower Gel: Suave Exhale Lively Juicy Tangerine Body Wash
* Body moisturizer: L’Occitane 15% Shea Butter Body Lotion
* Deodorant: L’Occitane Purifying Deodorant
* Fake Tan: none
* Cleanser: 40 Carrots Carrot + Creme Cleanser
* Moisturizer: Cosmetic Surgeon In A Jar Firming & Tightening Cream
* Eye makeup remover: none
* Exfoliator: Cosmetic Surgeon In A Jar Ultimate Skin Exfoliator
* Primer: none
* Foundation: Stila Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer
* Foundation brush: none today, but usually EcoTools
* Concealer: Benefit Erase Paste
* Powder: Clarins Lose Powder
* Blusher: The Body Shop Roseflower Blush in Pink
* Bronzer: none today
* Highlighter: Guerlain Meteorites
* Eyeshadow base: Urban Decay Primer Potion
* Eyeshadows: MAC Hello Kitty Lucky Tom
* Eyeliner: MAC Hello Kitty Lucky Tom (purple color used as liner)
* Eyelash curler: Tarte Picture Perfect Lash Curler
* Eyelash base: none
* Mascara: Maybelline Lash Stiletto
* Lipstick: none today
* Lipgloss: L’Occitane Honey & Lemon gloss
* Nail Colour: Citra Formaldehyde Free Healthy Nails
* Perfume: Fresh Patchouli Pure
5 Things: Almost Spring Bits
5 Things - Be the first to comment! - March 1st, 2009
There are signs popping up all over that spring is coming. I have daffodils and tulips in my yard, and they are pushing up and the daffodils will bloom soon. The primrose by my front steps is blooming and the daphne will be blooming soon too. Yay!
Here are five beauty-ful things that are keeping me cheery while I wait for winter to be over.
1. MAC Hello Kitty Lucky Tom and Pretty Baby. I went, I saw, I came home with the goods. Lovin’ them!
2. Benefit BADGal Plum mascara has really grown on me. It really enhances brown eyes!
3. Lolita Lempicka is one of my favorite cold-weather fragrances. It’s got that anise-y goodness. Also, it’s on sale!
4. Sympathy for the Skin Body Cream keeps my skin soft and happy, and it smells SO GOOD.
5. Optimism Shower Gel is the perfect thing to perk me up in the morning.
This isn’t exactly beauty related but I’ve also been having a lot of fun with Twitter. Won’t you join me?